Update From Sailrock Living
On behalf of the entire Sailrock team, our thoughts are certainly with you during this unprecedented period of time and we hope that you and your family and loved ones remain healthy and are in good spirits. All of the Sailrock staff are doing well and are safely continuing their duties at the property where necessary and some villa owners are also on-island enjoying the serenity of our somewhat naturally isolated destination. We are happy to report there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in South Caicos.
Much has happened in Turks and Caicos over the past couple of weeks, and we want to share some updates that are relevant from a real estate perspective:
- The TCIG made the decision to cease operation of air and seaports as a precautionary measure, with a 21-day closure applying to all incoming non-essential travelers.
- The TCIG has also approved and implemented a robust package of benefits that will assist and serve as a direct economic stimulus to help flatten the curve of the economic impact on Turks and Caicos residents and businesses. Some key benefits from this package that relate to real estate include:
- 50% reduction on real estate stamp duties for 3 months
- 50% reduction of planning fees for 3 months
- Waiver of customs import duties for construction materials for 3 months
Of other very exciting news, the TCIG has just approved the go-ahead of the construction of the new airport terminal in South Caicos. The new runway and control tower were completed in 2018, and the new airport terminal will complete the improvements to the South Caicos airport. It is anticipated that the new terminal will be completed within 18 months, and further details regarding the news can be found in the Caribbean Journal.
We wish you the very best in health and happiness and look forward to welcoming you back to South Caicos in the future!